Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Internal Conflict


Things I think I understand/Concepts but not their application/The division within one nation/America’s on edge and hate’s the reason/Chemical imbalance, cultural disunity/Living day to day proudly/Not doubting my right to be/Everything I am because my people are “free”/Sentence still being served by defendants not guilty/Content with status? No/Wanting peace and a change from the status quo/hope for the simplest objective/Respect!/Give me what’s mine/Keep your opinion to yourself/Still separate and fighting/Memories of Confederates daunting/Thinking of the present and dreaming of the future…/History won’t repeat itself/Climate won’t let it/A nation still warring within/Making peace with others/Yet mistreating citizens/Openly it was expressed/Now more subtly shown/But we’re a new generation/It will be a new day/Remain faithful/God will deliver us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment