Friday, December 31, 2010

Untitled


My eyes light up as stars 
They sparkle with joy 
The flame in my heart rages 
And can’t be subdued 
Lightning pauses my thoughts 
All I feel is you 
Electricity pulses my veins 
Yet I feel a peace 
Warmth envelops my body 
You comfort my soul 
My being leaps as if boiled 
But such a sensation is pleasant 
Blinded by your presence 
Though the truth it reveals 
A flash of inspiration 
Momentary yet everlasting 
Burning within me is passion 
Combined with a desire for more 
I want to know my savior 
The God who saved my soul 
In my distress I rely on You 
Spread this fire through the land 
Father a desire for your love 
A simple prayer and tiny expression 
Please use me as you will 
I shall never wander Lord 
Though at times lost I may seem 
I’ll run to your light for guidance 
And know nothing’s as bad as it seems

No comments:

Post a Comment